"Of all the arts in which the wise excel, nature's chief masterpiece is writing well." - Andre Breton

"Write with nouns and verbs, not with adjectives and advebs. The adjective hasn't been built that can pull a weak or inaccurate noun out of a tight place." -William Strunk Jr., E. B. White

Saturday, February 11, 2012

a brief update

I wouldn't entirely call this a favorite art moment. The whole week was just one of those stressful moments for me. I was glad(still am) about going back to school, but at the same time, my father passed away. He was sick and I found out he had cancer for the past ten years! He never told me about it. Based on what my mother told me, he didn't want me to worry about it, but I would know about it eventually and the timing was just mind bottling. I did have a grudge on my father for not spending time with me and some neglecting issues, but I gotten over it. The same day Pet Shop Boys' Alternative came in, was when he passed away. I couldn't even listen to Alternative which was difficult, I usually listen to music to calm me but in this case, it didn't. I did listen to bits of it the next day. Then yesterday I took care of some financial business and then when to the music store called Amoeba music, I call it Amoeba Records, I guess because I still miss Tower Records. They had a clearance sale, and added so some things there, like turntables, even newer bands/artists in vinyl form, I guess that's for clubs and collectables. It's the only mainstream store I know that consists of majority of the bands/artists, I find other stores like Barnes and Nobles, f.y.e., Mad Platter, WhereHouse, even Best Buy had Disco 2 for a bargain and had dozens of them on their own shelf! Anyway, I had a hard time choosing what to get, even having a Facebook friend posted on what's in there, my phone died so I couldn't take a photo and show her, next time I will. I'm usually a downloader but now since I don't have an iPod working, I use CDs, I'm more of a DVD type person, I do listen to other bands on my phone from the Youtube app. I came to a conclusion on my purchase: Behavior $3.99 plus tax, Very $4.99 plus tax, and Soft Cell's This Last Night....in Sodom for $8.99 plus tax. They have other ones, but they were costly and I saw better prices on Amazon and a lot of them were imported and had missing CDs or cracks on the case. I didn't have to spend over $20.00! Which was a fantastic moment, but my aching is still here of losing my father. I will even admit getting Special when my grandfather passed away made me excited but I was still sad too, still hurting after losing so many of my family members in close duration of time. I usually purchase items when I'm feeling down, but it feels alright and then you still feel that hurtful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment