"Of all the arts in which the wise excel, nature's chief masterpiece is writing well." - Andre Breton

"Write with nouns and verbs, not with adjectives and advebs. The adjective hasn't been built that can pull a weak or inaccurate noun out of a tight place." -William Strunk Jr., E. B. White

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Tim Burton exhibit experience


  I went to the Tim Burton exhibit these past few months with my friend Angelique and my grandfather. It was one of the most astounding and eccentric exhibits I went to, even Angelique said some of Tim Burton's early work looked almost like mine! That was a fantastic compliment, he and a few other artists I adore, because its strange and unique and that signifies them as an artist. My aunt told me when I was younger, she was shocked that I wasn't scared of The Nightmare Before Christmas when I saw it, that probably hinted that I already took a fascination to his artwork. I may not have a big collection like die-hard fans, but I am grateful to get just this much of it. All it is really is a Edward Scissorhands shirt, some buttons from Alice in Wonderland plus a bookmark and small Tim Burton book of some of his miraculous creations and descriptions about it too. He's an artist I strongly suggest you take a look into, if you haven't already.



 I like this piece he did is called "Blue Girl with Wine" this is on the back of this book. It reminded me of Sally from the movie The Nightmare before Christmas, and I love the movement in it as well. Sorry of the quality of the photos, I took them from my camera. We wasn't allowed to take photos of his artwork, which I don't know why, he's well-known and his style is easily notified as his work, but oh well that's the reason I bought ths book.

No comments:

Post a Comment