"Of all the arts in which the wise excel, nature's chief masterpiece is writing well." - Andre Breton

"Write with nouns and verbs, not with adjectives and advebs. The adjective hasn't been built that can pull a weak or inaccurate noun out of a tight place." -William Strunk Jr., E. B. White

Thursday, May 31, 2012

John Hughes collection

I love John Hughes movies, there's still more I need to explore of his movies. I'm missing Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Home Alone at the moment. All good movies though! I like how he had Molly Ringwald and Anthony Michael Hall in three movies all of them they played different characters of kinda fall back into the same level in away. The only movie that's not part of John Hughes is Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but the other two movies Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club are his work. The guy was a genius, was nothing like other directors, the fact he wrote these stories when he was young and encountered situations like that, now that's the perfect way to make a movie I think. And then by having really good actors and actress really make a difference. All the ones including Ferris Bueller, they are bonus editions. Now Home Alone is the only one I have that doesn't have a bonus feature, and ironically that was the first movie I knew about his work, and gotten me into the actors from it. I was shocked he did all these other iconic movies, a lot helped out actors including Jon Cryer's career which was pretty awesome! Once I find my DVDs and maybe purchase the edition of Home Alone, I will have an update! These are good movies and the soundtracks are outstanding: Simple Minds, Oingo Boingo, New Order, the Smiths, OMD, etc! 

No comments:

Post a Comment